So, you may be thinking, “Where in the world have u been Lorena?? Where are my juicy updates?! How am I to survive?!”…ok… maybe all that minus the last part, I tend to exaggerate, forgive me.
But in all honesty, I too have been in a contemplative mood as of late, asking myself what exactly I have accomplished over the last, what?, two months? (Oh damn, it has been a while!) But anyways, back to the point of this post…I’ve been racking my brain, and have decided to make a list of my accomplishments, just to be productive, prove that I have not ignored my beloved blog willingly (but I may have had a tinge of laziness creep up on me, or maybe it was the sheer lack of sleep in my life….hmm…), and finally to show myself that I have done something in my life, ha. So here goes.
- Graduated from college. Hawt damn, my years of schooling as I know it are over!! Now what?! o_o
- Graduated from college with honors! *Dances* Don’t mean to brag, but hey! My hard work and being my utterly perfectionist self paid off!
- Completed my Senior Honors Thesis (on women’s magazines and the construction of female identity) & presented it in front of the school. I am a beast. I am a beast.
- Finished my internship at ELLE Magazine. *tear!!* I LOVED it there & I’ve confirmed to myself that I truly want to be a journalist and devote myself to my passion, writing =]
- Finished my last issue with the school newspaper. I’ve always been involved with school newspapers, ever since high school. Became Ed-in-Chief during high school. Worked my way up in college, becoming Copy Editor and then Executive Editor my senior year. The last ever issue that I worked on was truly a sad moment! Sending in the issue to print, shutting down the computers, and closing the door to the office that was practically my dorm room was….ahhh.
- Made my very own Web site. Lorenachouza.com bitches! Check it! More construction and updation needed, obvi, but I set up the platform that will hopefully expand and be interlinked with my blog! I made it for class, uploaded my video, audio and photo projects, as well as linked my blog for class and clips of articles I wrote that were published. phew!
- Oh there’s more…trust me…but let me stop here before I start to sound full of myself.
Sooo…see! I have been quite the busy bee!
Now what’s up for summer? Hmmm…I see tons of blog posts on the horizon, a bit of shopping, a trip to Spain and loads of relaxation. Hey, got to enjoy the time I have off before the real world hits me…aka job status.
Hope you’re enjoying the rainy weather! Mother Nature must be pmsing big time.